Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm a Finalist!!

November Sunset
Path Through the Marsh
Cedars and Seagulls

A few weeks ago I sent in my entries for the Paint America Top 100 Competition. For this competition artists submit landscapes representing a state, it could be their home state but it doesn't have to be. Finalists are chosen from each state. There is a category for large paintings and another for smaller size works. From the group of finalists 2 paintings are chosen from each state and thus you have Americas Top 100 landscapes, 2 representing each state. This exhibit of the top 100 landscapes will travel around the country for the next year. Yesterday I received a letter saying that all three of my entries had made it to the "finalist" category. WOW I never expected that!! I don't know if any of my pieces will be chosen to represent Connecticut, but I'm pleased to have been a finalist!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jan! These are really strong pieces. I think my fav. is path through the marsh. I really think you nailed the values in this one. Great atmospheric perspective.

Chuck Law said...

As you know Jan, I Love your wetland paintings. Congratulatons on your finalist status and I wish you the best of luck with these entries...all three are Top-Notch!
Congratulations also on being mentioned in the NY Times...no small feat. You inspire me that hard work and dedication to one's artwork can result in accomplishment and just rewards.
Thankyou,
...chuck

Ed Terpening said...

Congratulations, Jan. I'm not surprised at all these three made it. I've always especially liked Path Through the Marsh.
Cheers!

Jeanette said...

Congratulations! Your work is phenomenol!

Shanti Marie said...

Concrats! Its always a great feeling that your work is accepted.

I like your paintings too.

David R. Darrow said...

Fantastic work. I just added you to my www.EverydayPaintings.com list of Daily Painters!

People need to see this work of yours!

Jan Blencowe said...

Thank You Jennifer, Chuck,Ed,Jeanette and Shant your encouragement is appreciated!!