Sunday, May 07, 2006

Magazine Interview

This week I was interviewed by Domino Magazine! They are doing a story on unusual ways and places to purchase original art. They are focusing specifically on artists who do small daily paintings and sell them. Last winter, I did a series called the Painting- a- Day Project. Small postcard size paintings of everyday items and household objects. Several artists who do this were interviewed, and they will be featuring one of my paintings from the project. Their choices were the donut or the Jif Peanutbutter jar. I'm hoping they use the donut, it's the first one that I did in the series. This was so unexpected and lots of fun! I think I will definitely be pursuing the Flower-a-Day project I talked about. The magazine issue that features the painting-a-day won't be out until August or September. So I'll have to wait until then to see my name and painting in print!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your postcard paintings are like pearls, beautiful!

Jan Blencowe said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for the nice compliment!! Hope you'll visit again.

Jan