Monday, May 08, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Apple Blossoms

Apple Blossoms,6x8, oil/linen
plein air painting
SOLD
Have you ever experienced the fragrance of apple blossoms?? It's heavenly! Every year I admire these fragile blossoms and while I've sketched them many times this is the first year I've gotten around to actually painting them. They are translucent and delicately colored and a favorite among the bumblebees! Did you know that apple trees are in the same family as roses?? That's why they're so fragrant and also why you can eat rose hips, well at least make tea and jelly from them.
I guess I'm committed to the flower-a-day (or FAD, for short) project! I'm really enjoying doing these. In the side bar I've added a FLICKR flash badge with the FAD's I've done so far. When I have enough new ones in about 2 weeks I'll change the badge to show the new group of flower pieces.





No comments: