Saturday, May 06, 2006

Flower Market

Flower Market, oil, 18x24, canvas
plein air painting
What a perfect day for flowers, gardening and doing just about anything outside including plein air painting! What a day! It started out nice, got cloudy and dark about an hour and a half into this, began to rain (thank goodness for my umbrella!) Then turned absolutely gorgeous for the rest of the day. This was a very complex scene and a rather large canvas for a plein air piece, I really got a "painter's workout"! Thanks go to the nice folks at Shoreline Farm Greenhouses in Clinton, CT who allowed me to set up and paint at their nursery. I can vouch for the quality of their plants....probably 50% of the flowers in my garden have been purchased here, and they are thriving.
Price: $600 (unframed)
Purchase: contact me jan.blencowe@comcast.net
pay securely with a credit card through PAYPAL





No comments: