Friday, May 19, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Open Iris

Open Iris, 6x8,oil/wood
$100, unframed
Pay safely with a credit card through PAYPAL
shipping is free
This is the moment I've been waiting for. The first Iris has opened! This is yesterday's painting, it was a gorgeous sunny day and it was soooo wonderful to sit in the grass listening to the birds and bees while painting the first Iris of the season, with my dog sprawled out in the sun next to me. This idyllic scene was very short lived as it is raining again today with thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon. I was going to paint beach roses today but it looks as if the rain overnight has knocked all the petals to the ground. Guess I'll have to grab the umbrella and boots and go out and see what I can find for today. If you're especially interested in Iris visit the American Iris Society to see the amazing variety found in these elegant flowers.








No comments: