Friday, May 19, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Beach Rose in North Light

Beach Rose in North Light
6x8, oil/wood
$100, unframed
Pay safely w/ credit card through PAYPAL
Rain again today. While I much prefer to paint these en plein air, outdoors in the garden mother nature wasn't cooperating today. I brought in one of the beach roses, otherwise known as rugosa roses. These easy to grow and exceptionally hardy roses, with the wrinkly foliage, grow wild and cover acres at Hammonasset State park and line the dunes and walking trails. They are unparalled in natural beauty and scent, having a strong tea/spicey fragrance. I have five I my garden most pink, but also a white one. Of course the minute I was done with this and plunked my brushes in a jar of tupentine to clean them the sun came out LOL







No comments: