Thursday, May 11, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Azalea

Azalea, 6x8, oil/linen
$100, unframed
pay safely w/credit card thought PAYPAL
Today's flower is the azalea, sometimes known as the Mother's Day Flower because it begins to bloom right around that time. I have several azaleas and there are only a few blossoms open, I guess it's been too cold and gray. I snipped this one off the shrub and brought it inside to paint because of the weather. If you love azaleas The United States National Arboretum has a wonderful collection.
Well, the weather forcast for Saturday is rain, rain and more rain, and that means that yet another plein air event I was set to attend will be cancelled. I am sooo looking forward to a stretch of nice days!!
The Flower-a-Day paintings are now collected and presented in a gallery at art-agent.com you can see it here. I will also put a permanent link to the collection in the sidebar, so you can continue to check the gallery as the number of paintings grows.
Remember the Flower-a-Day paintings are $100.00, unframed, free shipping.
To Purchase contact me directly: jan.blencowe@comcast.net






No comments: