Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Orange Settee
8x10
acrylic
This week end I attended a workshop taught by a wonderful painter Charles Sovek. Back in June I also took one of his workshops and had such a wonderful time and my work benefitted so much from it , that I just had to attend another one. The original plan was to paint outdoors, however mother nature had other plans! It poured all weekend! So we stayed in the studio and tackled a number of challenging exercises. This room interior was a great opportunity to focus on form, color and composition. Painting at a workshop can often be difficult, you're with a new group of people and trying new methods and procedures and usually out of your comfort zone, so all in all I'm fairly pleased with this piece. I'd encourage you to visit www.sovek.com to see some fabulous paintings, especially if you like C O L O R !!


No comments: