Thursday, August 31, 2006

More on Van Gogh

Van Gogh Sunflowers Mug, 6x8,oil
$100, unframed

Sunflower Trio, 6x8, oil

SOLD

My tribute to Van Gogh has sparked quite a lot of discussion! I've gotten comments and e-mails from many of you. It seems that Van Gogh's work touches many people deeply. I find that fascinating, because so many people react with such passionate feelings of love and admiration for his work. Not just an "Oh, beautiful" or "I like his work" but real genuine emotion from the heart. How wonderful to know that art can so deeply affect a person in their soul. I hope that Vincent is at peace now and knows how much people have benefitted from his work, I believe that would bring him great joy. The top painting is of my large mug that has Van Gogh's sunflowers on it. I tried to capture a little bit of his style in this one. The second is more sunflowers. They are just so happy and cheery I love to paint them.







1 comment:

Ed Terpening said...

Yes, I love Van Gough. The last time I was in Paris, I was the first in line to the D'Orsay one morning, and the first to the 4th floor (I believe). If you've been there, you know it's the floor with a room full of his work. It was so memorable to be there alone with it. His emotion comes through--even today--in every stroke.

What a force.