Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Flower-a-Day: The August Garden

The August Garden, 6x8, oil/panel
NFS
Today may be the most perfect day (weather-wise) of the summer!! Hot, but pleasantly so, breezy but not windy, blue sky with large white fluffy clouds and clear light with very little haze. The beautiful light and color in the garden was so appealing that the light and color itself became the subject of the painting with the flowers and foliage acting only as a stage for orchestrating the dappled light and sparkling color. This particular piece captures so perfectly what I experienced in the garden today that I'm going to keep it in my private collection and not offer it for sale. This doesn't happen very often!! It was really enchanting in the garden this morning, there were many mouring doves cooing, and masses of butterflies, dragonflies, bumblebees and hummingbirds. After I finished painting this I just sat for awhile and drank it all in.







No comments: