Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pink Lily in a Cup

Pink Lily in a Cup, 8x10, oil/wood
SOLD
Torrential rain yesterday forced me to pluck a lily and bring it in the house to paint. I've run out of 6x8 size panels, so this one is a bit larger at 8x10. I have all the fixin's for new panels just need to carve out some time to make them! I'm very busy right now getting ready for the opening of a two person show at the Tracy Art Center. Jay Folger and I will be showing Recent New England Works. The opening reception is tomorrow, Friday, July 7th, 5-7pm. The Tracy Art Center is located at 247 Main St. Old Saybrook CT, 860-388-1391. Please stop by if you are local it will be great fun. Jay and I each have 15 paintings on display. The show will be up until July 3oth. Besides getting ready for the show the July/August issue of Domino Magazine that featured my blog and Donut painting has hit the newsstands and arrived in peoples mailboxes. The response has been very, very good. Traffic to my blog which features the Painting a Day Project, as well as to all my blogs, has risen dramatically. This week alone I've sold 7 paintings!! So thank you and welcome to Domino subscribers who are visiting here for the first time! I hope to have some pictures from the show to post by the week end...stay tuned!!










No comments: