Sunday, July 09, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Daisies

Daisies, 6x8,oil/panel
SOLD
The garden is filled with lilies of every sort, but since I've done several lilies in a row I thought I'd shift gears a little and paint these cheerful daisies. Daisies belong in every garden I think. They're easy to grow, their casual and summery look and their bright white petals serve as a good foil against other more brightly colored flowers. This particular variety "Becky" is the best daisy I've every grown with nice strong stems that stay upright rather than flopping.
If you're wondering about the show Friday night, it went off wonderfully. We had a nice crowd of people and several sales. I forgot my camera, called home and asked my husband to bring it and then he forgot too! Good Grief!! Some other folks took pictures and I'm waiting on them to send them to me. So no pictures just yet.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ... lovely !!

The Amsterdam visitor is me, so kind regards from The Netherlands.

Jan Blencowe said...

Hi Chia,

The Netherlands is a lovely country. I know a few painters over there and their landscapes always show the beautiful light and flat wide land.

Thanks for visiting!

jan