Friday, June 23, 2006

News, Updates and Miscellaneous Stuff


Every once in a while I think it's a good idea to have a bulletinboard post with news and updates and today's that day!

SHOWS

By now most of you have seen the invitation to the two person show I'm doing in July.The invitation is here.

This weekend, June 24 & 25 I will have several recent paintings for sale in the Lyme Art Associations Summer Solstice Wet Paint Sale. That's always lots of fun so if you're in the neighborhood do try and stop in!

CLASSES and WORKSHOPS

I'll be offering this class beginning July 11th at the Tracy Art Center:


*Multi-Media/Multi-Level Painting and Drawing Jan Blencowe

A course for both the beginner and intermediate student. Your choice of wet or dry media, pencil, charcoal, pastel, oil, or acrylic. Beginners will learn the basics of drawing and painting with a thorough introduction to light, shading, form, value and color. Intermediate students will continue with individualized projects focusing on design, composition, color, and brushwork. Students will have an opportunity to try several different media or concentrate on just one. Projects may include working from the still life, photographs, or copying master works. Mixed media projects, such as pastel over watercolor are also a possibility. Materials: Students should bring supplies for their preferred medium if they have them. During the first class we will discuss materials and compose an individualized materials list for each person based on their goals.

6 Tuesdays 7:00-9:30 pm Beginning July 11 Cost $165**

I'll also be offering 3 Full day pastel workshops at the Tracy Art Center on

Saturday July 15th 10am-3pm
Aug 19th 10am-3pm
Nov 19th 10am-3pm

Also I'll be teaching one part of a three part series of plein air painting workshops at TAC on
September 9, 9:30am-3:00pm for oil painters. The following week Carlos Ayala will be instructing in oils also and the third week Nancy Tracy will be instructing in watercolor. You can sign up for 1-2 or all 3 of these workshops.

BLOGGING NEWS

I'm a guest author on The Art Guide Blog, and contribute articles on a regular basis there. I just recently posted on article on Watermedia which you can read here. Two other recent articles that might also be of interest are on internet resources for artists and artists who keep daily sketching blogs.


INTERNET GALLERY NEWS


The internet continues to be a growing force for self representing artists. Being part of that evolving culture is essential. To that end I've been working to establish my presence in a number of on-line galleries. you can check out my work at these new loctions:



Saatchi Gallery

Boundless Gallery

Absolute Arts

One Million Pixels Art Gallery ~ see if you can find my work! This fun gallery is like a wordsearch puzzle only with art!


WEBSITE

I will be revamping my website soon, please check back!

ON LINE AUCTIONS

Occasionally I auction of pieces from previous years at very nice prices! Look for my work at Art-by-Us or on E-Bay my seller ID is wpblencowe. You never know what I might decide to put up for auction. Bidding is fun and easy and you can pay securely with Paypal.

PRESS

My work will be featured in the July/August issue of Domino Magazine! Look for it on news stands soon.

FEEDBLITZ

Don't forget you can sign up with feedblitz and revceive new Art & Life posts automatically via e-mail! It's free, and easy, just enter you e-mail address in the Feedblitz box in the sidebar.

NEW ARTICLES for YOU

In the sidebar there is a new permanent link to artist Mary Baker's excellent article Why Buy Original Art? Please check that out.

Sheesh! I didn't think I was that busy! Well enough of the news and business side of things, time to go have some fun and PAINT!



















No comments: