Sunday, June 25, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Begonias

Begonias, 6x8, oil/panel
$100, unframed, free shipping in the US
pay safely with Paypal
A slight break in the rain today gave me an opportunity to paint these begonias which are in a pot on my deck. I keep meaning to plant them in the front garden but I just never seem to get around to it. At this point I'm thinking it might be better to keep them in a pot and bring them inside in the fall so I can enjoy them all winter! These were a real color treat to paint! Eye candy for sure!! The begonias themselves are a delicious peach color, the leaves a deep olive green and the stems and new leaves are red. What a teriffic complementary color scheme to work with muted reds and deep olive green that turns a blue green in the shadow areas.
Yesterday since it rained all day I went to the natural history museum to see the Machu Picchu exhibit and sketch. You can see what I did here. Looks like we might have rain for the next few days...hoping to get out painting on Wednesday. I may have to bring a flower or two inside to keep up with the project. I'd rather not do that but the weather will be the deciding factor.








No comments: