Friday, June 09, 2006

Flower-a-Day: The Blues

The Blues, 6x8, oil/panel
$100, unframed, free shipping in the US
I bet you thought I had the blues because of all the rain!!LOL It was drier today, without any actual rain and occassionally, the sun would peek through. When I went out into the garden and set up my tripod I scared a ribbon snake into the iris bed, and then the dog alerted me to another sunning itself in a different part of the garden. There were many bees and butterflies and the house wrens were singing their long melodious song. Today's subject is Siberian Iris, variety Ego, with May Night Salvia in front and catmint, variety Six Hills Giant behind, forming a misty lavendar-blue haze. All three of these plants have lovely gray-blue-green foliage keeping this painting to a nice tight analogous color scheme. Below are photos of one of the visitors to my garden today.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Jan. Your blues are absolutely luminous. (Could you pass some of that rain my way?)

Jan Blencowe said...

Laura,

If it were in my power I'd be thrilled to send you some rain!! It was fun to arrange a whole piece around shades of blue, glad you lilked it.

Jan