Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Flower-a-Day: Peony no.1

SOLD
The much anticipated day has arrived, the peonies are opening!!! This is practically a holiday for me LOL. For me peonies are the queen of the June garden evenmore so than roses, because they are dropdead gorgeous and they don't need pampering and they're not demanding at all. They do take a little while to get established though. I planted these as bare roots and I don't think they bloomed until their third year , 2-3 beautiful blooms. But since then I get an absolutely amazing show of blooms every year, no special treatment required! You'll see more peony paintings coming along as I have more than one color/variety.

Just a reminder for my regular readers that you can sign up with FeedBlitz and receive new Art&Life updates via e-mail each time I post. The sign-up box is in the sidebar. Just another little perk to make your life easier!!












No comments: