Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Rose by Any Other Name
5x5, jewelry box

Waterlillies, 5x7, jewelry box


You are My Sunshine, 5x5, jewelry box

Happy Daffys, 5x7, jewelry box

It's been pouring rain for six straight days and it looks like it will continue for another two or three!! Such wet weather certainly puts a damper on plein air painting! However I've been keeping busy in the studio. The pieces above are the tops to some beautiful jewelry boxes I've been making. The boxes themselves are birch, stained with an Early American stain, lined with red felt and fitted with brass hinges. The top of the box is clayboard a wonderful surface for painting on in all media. These are done in acrylic and varnished with a glossy top coat. The will be for sale during the holiday season at the Brick Gallery, 10 Main Street, Essex, CT where the rest of my work is shown regularly. The boxes need another coat of stain and a sealer before I assemble them. I hope to have some pictures of the final product in the next few days. So check back soon!


No comments: