Sunday, August 31, 2008

Autumn is in the Air

Afternoon in the Park, 30x20, acrylic

Walnut Hill Park, New Britain, CT



Autumn Arrives, 20x20, acrylic




Red Marsh at Sunset, 14x11, acrylic




I love this time of year! The change of seasons from summer to autumn, on through the fall into the stillness of winter is magical for me. Yesterday, I bought a fabulous ceramic mug with a green and earth colored pattern on it and an unglazed, raised maple leaf, and a burgundy colored leaf shaped tealight candle holder with apple cider scented tealights to go in it. I have some delicious Mercedes Apple Spice herbal tea from the English Tea Store and I bought two wonderful poetry books, A Dream of Summer: Poems for a Sensuous Season, The Heart of Autumn: Poems for the Season of Reflection and I have every intention of brewing tea, lighting my candles and curling up with my new books and celebrating the natural rhythms of life in the coming weeks. It's so important to take time to fill your soul with good things so when you need to draw out creativity, patience, kindness etc. the well is full and you can easily give to others.


Are you on Facebook? I have recently joined set up a profile and a business page for my artwork. Look me up, join my "friends" list and become a "fan" of my page!! I am having waaaaaaay too much fun, making "pieces of flair" out of my paintings !! I've entered them into the directory so they are available to everyone on Facebook, (thought I think most are still in the "pending" stage they should be approved soon). Facebook has been a twilight zone experince as I find classmates from high school, whom I haven't even thought about in years and years, and barely recognize names from my college alma mater. It's fascinating to see where their lives have taken them!! It also gives me a chance to interact with my teenagers and family members who live across the country. It's free and fun, maybe a time bandit, but there are worse ways to spend your time!

1 comment:

Sergio A. Ortiz Rivera said...

I love this painting. I am a poet, Sergio Ortiz, At the Tail End of Dusk, published by Flutter Press (2009). This morning I wrote a poem, the first line is: I am a red marshland... I started looking for visual images that came close to the written image in the poem and found your paiinting. It is beautiful, stunning. You are an excellent painter.

Sergio