Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Squares are Finis!!

Morning Meditation, 30x30, acrylic
This has been a most challenging and satisfying project. Working large always has it physical challenges, your arm really does get tired spreading paint over a large area! Of course, I had to choose to do these in the time span of just a few weeks and using an entirely new medium, Chroma Interactive Acrylics!! I will admit that a I was a litle nervous starting this, but I'm so glad I did. I feel like I just scaled Mount Everest LOL ! I now feel pretty confident handling the acrylics and actually really love them! I suspect I will be using them for my studio work from now on unless I get a commission for an oil or I get itchy for a change of pace. I'm eagerly waiting for the warm weather to see how they do outdoors. I'm going to put all six in a seperate post so you can see how they look all together. Thanks for coming along on the journey with me, it's been fun!!

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Great series, Jan. Nice colors and contrasts. I struggle with acrylics drying darker than I think. I will try these Chroma Interactive, they sound great.