Thursday, December 27, 2007

More Acrylic Paintings

The Edge of Autumn, 6x8, acrylic

Rain Dance, 6c8, acrylic


Born of the Winter Light, 8x10, acrylic

Storm Cloud, 16x20, acrylic


Scumble, scumble, scumble! A favorite technique for me and one that is sooo well suited to acrylics. All of these paintingws have a heavy amount of scumbling ( alighter value of paint scrubbed over an already dry darker layer producing soft, diffused atmospheric effects) but especially Storm Cloud, Rain Dance and Born of the Winter Light. The scumbling creates such a rich surface texture and a multitue of layers. It's hard to see in the photos but the surfaces of these paintings is really interesting. Tomorrow I hope to post a large oil painting I've recently finished and then start a large acrylic which will probably be my last painting for 2007!

1 comment:

tlwest said...

I like scumbling too! I agree sometimes textures and even colors just dont show up in Photos. Beautiful Paintings!