Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spring Sky

Spring Sky, 6x8, oil/linen
plein air painting
Price: $300
Purchase: jan.blencowe@comcast.net -just send me an e-mail
pay securely with a credit card through PAYPAL
OK a third painting today! It was such a lovely day that I just had to make the most of it. This is a portion of Cedar Island, Clinton CT. I sat at the town dock and set up my paintbox on a picnic table and had a great time. I wish you could see the sky in person, it's filled with subtle color changes and varying thicknesses of paint. It's one of those rich, sensuous, textural surfaces that keeps the eye coming back for more.
It's been a while since I shared a poem.....here's one about clouds by my favorite poet Emily Dickinson....
A curious Cloud surprised the Sky,
'Twas like a sheet with Horns;
The sheet was Blue --
The Antlers Gray --
It almost touched the lawns.
So low it leaned-- then statelier drew--
And trailed like robes away,
A Queen adown a satin aisle
Had not the majesty.

No comments: